4. Wire the pickup and mic to the stereo endpin jack.
· The pickup is wired to the 'tip' and ground connections
of the stereo endpin jack. To avoid hum problems, make sure this
connection is properly shielded, using a fully shielded (Fishman-style)
stereo jack or foil shielding around the connection.
· The AKG C516L mic is wired to the 'ring' (red wire)
and ground connections of the stereo endpin jack. No internal
battery is required, since the preamp module supplies power to
· Note: you may wish to make all connections between the
transducer, mic and endpin jack with metal-jacketed mini-connectors.
This makes it easier to swap pickups and mics.
5. Click the gooseneck assembly into the mounting plate. Coil
up any excess cable and attach it to the instrument with the
adhesive putty included.
6. Re-string your instrument, and you're in business!
Note: We have attached a thin strip of pine to the bottom
of the mounting plate. This raises the gooseneck above any vertical
braces along the side of the guitar. You can attach the mounting
plate by using the double-sided foam pad. However, the interior
surface of some guitars contains sawdust (or the wood is not
properly sealed) which prevents the foam pad from adhering securely.
In this case, or for a more permanent installation, the pine
strip can be glued to the side of the guitar by using hot-melt
glue (from a glue gun) or super glue. If it is necessary to remove
the mounting plate, insert the edge of a razor blade under the
pine strip to shear it from the guitar.